Much appreciation to A Side of Writing who chose me to receive this award. I’m rather late in accepting and thanking Conrad. It is an honor to be chosen by peers to have a blog that people find interesting enough visit regularly and to nominate for an accolade such as this. Thank you, Conrad. Keep up the great work on your site.
The rules of this nomination are as follows:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. Done.
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Done.
3. Pass this award along to 15 others and contact chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. See below.
It’s difficult for me at the moment to choose my favorite 15 peer blogs since I’ve only just started to “collect” creative writing blogs to follow; so many good ones are out there and I’m thoroughly enjoying all the ones I’ve chosen to follow so far. Therefore, please forgive me, I know this is not in the spirit of the award, but I’m going to cheat and list none for now. Sometime down the road, however, I’ll write a post that lists some of the sites that I find myself visiting often.
Here are seven you might like to know about me.
- I recently delved into creative writing. I find it somewhat difficult having been a technical writer and editor for more than 17 years. It’s quite a mindset switch, but I’m thoroughly enjoying the challenges. I’m excited to fire up my imagination again. I posted my first flash fiction on Friday and I was so pleased with all the feedback and encouragement.
- Speaking of imagination, I paint. I’m a self-taught artist. I enjoy painting landscapes, especially farm/country-related pictures.
- I like dogs. I have a yellow lab cross approximately four and a half years old; I took him in after he was found abandoned. I offered to take him in for a weekend to see how things went; it was love at first sight. He’s with me all the time — follows me around like a little puppy dog!
- Nature is the inspiration for much of my poetry and art.
- I lived in a large city for 17 years, but I’m much happier living (back home) in a rural area again — peaceful, less stress, and much better scenery for painting.
- I play acoustic guitar and wish I could sing. My voice is not one of my strong points.
- I’m lovin’ this creative writing. The flash fiction is a blast! And the poetry — some days I don’t even know where it comes from!